Missing One of My Senses

Photo by Pranam Gurung on Unsplash

You know how they say that when the body loses one of its five senses, the other four become more sensitive and heightened?

I feel like I'm going through something similar since the passing of my mom.

I talked to my mom every day and had her on speed dial when I needed to vent, ask for advice, cry, laugh, or make a decision. I'll refer to the need for my mom as my "Mama Sense." After she passed, I lost my Mama Sense.

I feel like I have to work overtime in every other part of my life to fill that void. But here's what I noticed.

The void will never be filled.

My other senses have become stronger; most notably, my God-sense. In the months before my Mommy passed away, she told me she wanted to be sure that I would always go to God FIRST for EVERYTHING. I'd like to sit here in front of you and say that I've always gone to God first in prayer, but that isn't true. I went to my mom first 99% of the time.

I'm now exercising my God-sense more than ever. It's getting stronger and I'm becoming even more sensitive to the Holy Spirit. 


No comments :

Post a Comment